What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, June 4, 2010

Heading into June.

Is it really to the half-way point of the year already?  It's so remarkable to me that as we get older, time seems to go by just a little bit faster.  Maybe it's because we have more responsibilities and have less time to screw around, like when we were kids. Remember how we used to 'live' for summer vacations?  3 months off of nothing to do, driving our parents crazy, driving each other crazy (I had 3 siblings) and doing incredibly stupid stuff that my parents will NEVER find out about it?  (Sorry Mom & Michelle - I do tend to open my mouth at family gatherings with alcohol but I promise you, I still have secrets!)

So, as Memorial Day marks a significant time in my life (marriage), it also represents another significant moment (for the past 3 years)...Ironman training is in full force.  No more excuses.  No more skipping workouts that seem unnecessary.  No more complaining or whining.  It's suck it up time and HTFU is going to be served at every meal.  Mike and I have to stop feeling sorry for ourselves (as we get older, we tend to do that!) and do. the. work.  I think it's an understatement when I say that we are both a little burned out from the iron-distance-training-thing but we have made a committment and are going to see it through to the end.  However, we both realize we need a break from this...a change...and whatever form that change comes in, it will be welcome in the Freisem house!  

This week seemed a little light for me.  21 mile OD trainer ride Tuesday.  Rest and a 90 minute massage at BCMT.  1950 meter tempo swim and 22 mile tempo trainer ride Thursday.  2600 meter endurance swim today.  That leaves me with the following workouts for both Saturday and Sunday:  Brick ~ 39 mile ride/8 mile run, 1150 meter drill swim and an endurance run.  Coach has me running 18 miles but I think 10 should suffice before next weekend's marathon.  Approximately 6-6 1/2 hours of training left this weekend...well...I better get to bed then!

1 comment:

Christi said...

Great job on the workouts!