What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Monday/Tuesday

...and with every passing day, I am starting to feel better, become more motivated, feel more fulfilled.  I think the funk is fading... My in-laws are visiting from Florida and we are having an absolute grand time - the best visit in 8 years.  I am pooped of course as I feel like we're on the go but it's a good-kind-of-feeling-pooped.

Monday morning I was up and riding by 7am.  I took the day off work and am so happy I did.  Rode 23 miles before making our way down to Colorado Springs for the day.  We tooled around Garden of the Gods and between Mike and his mom, approximately 2,000 photos of rocks were taken. haha! Then we made our way over to the Olympic Training Center.  THAT was amazing.  Talk about inspiration.  W-O-W.  Went to the Cheeky Monk for dinner and ate way too much food and drank way too much beer! 

Today, I was back to work.  It seemed to go by pretty quick but I was exhausted despite having a good night's sleep.  argh. I had a mini-meltdown on the way home, called Mike crying.  Not even sure why.   To cheer me up, he dragged my ass up to Longmont and we swam at Union rez.  My first open water swim of the year.  At first I was dreading it, as I do every triathlon season.  However, when I got into my wetsuit, I went straight to the water, got horizontal and swam.  No fussing.  No making excuses.  No panic.  It was the coolest thing.  I ended up swimming 2000 yards and felt terrific.  Of course, I am a little sore from the wetsuit but nothing that won't be gone by tomorrow.  It's almost July but I officially feel like I am finally training for an Ironman.  Woohoo!  

1 comment:

Christi said...

Wow, you are having some great fun! I am glad you got time to come see my fair city! Good luck with the training! I am excited to hear all about it!