What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, June 12, 2010

The rest of the week...

So, I guess this was race week. hmph.  It was definitely shorter workouts and I do think it was even stabilizer.  However, tapering for a marathon just isn't what it used to be for me.  My legs are so worn and tired all the time that a marathon just seems like another workout.  To me that's cool, to most I'm sure it's crazy.  I guess that what drives me forward.

Wednesday I swam 1500 meters, Thursday was a killer brick - 20 miles on the trainer (rain) and then headed out for a 5 mile run.  Met up with the Pizza Lover at the local track for some speedwork and had a huge breakthrough.  Held a 6:12 pace for part of a 1/4 mile and had some great 1/4 miles at a sub 7:00 pace.  Huge, huge victories and of course we celebrated with pizza and beer. Rested Friday and rode the trainer for 18 miles this morning and swam 1900 meters this afternoon. 

I feel really good and surprisingly rested for tomorrow's marathon in Estes Park.   I'm still not sure what to wear tomorrow as the weather is pretty grim - currently the forecast for 7am is 41 degrees with a 60% chance of rain.m  You've got to love the mountains in the summer. I have never run this race when it wasn't 70 and sunny and blazing hot (and at 8800 feet that's an inferno!)  I have to dig out my winter gear as it's already been stored away.  No matter what happens though, I am so blessed to have the good fortune of doing what I love to do  most, on a Sunday no less...my favorite day of the week!  Number 46 here I come...

1 comment:

Christi said...

Good luck at the race! I hope you don't have too much cold weather!