What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, July 4, 2010

16 Mile Run, 1600 Meter Swim

Was out the door by 6:30am because I didn’t want to be running in the heat today. Good thing too – the morning was perfect! Overcast. Nice, cool breeze. ahhhh....Legs were a little tired from yesterday’s ride and that was a good thing. The more tired, the better…need to simulate Ironman as closely as possible. My IM goal race pace for the run is 9:07’s and today I finished 16 miles in 9:17’s. This is terrific and I am definitely making progress as November 6th approaches. I have to stay on top of the speedwork!

Cut this afternoon’s swim short (again.) Was originally planning on my long swim (3500 meters) but we were stuck in the inside pool because of a rainstorm and I simply wasn’t motivated. Got in my mile before making my way to the hot tub, sauna and steam room. Luxury folks, luxury...

Hopefully the rain will stop in time for tonight’s fireworks – Happy Independence Day!

No comments: