What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Week 15 aka FALSE TAPER

The next 3 weeks are a bit of new territory for Ironman training for me.  Typically, I train for 26 weeks but got a wild hair this time around and am training for 31.  I just ended Base and won't start Build for 3 more weeks so Coach has labeled what I'm doing "false taper."  I am not even sure what that means but I will tell you how I read it.  If I don't feel like doing it, I'm not going to!

I truly feel incredible after Sunday's race and had no problems getting up at 4am yesterday for a recovery run.  I shortened the run from 9 to 7 miles because I simply didn't have the time to fit it all in since I was running the entire thing in z1.  I probably couldn't have gone faster even if I wanted to due to the after race party I attended at the Dickerson's.  Let's just say...well, let's not.  My head was still a little cloudy.  BUT I didn't throw up.  A total plus.  After work I rode the trainer for an hour to get caught up on True Blood - Season 2.  Yup.  You guessed it.  I love me some Sookie Stackhouse and Bill Compton.  They are my all time favorite TV couple (sorry Mer and Derek!) 

Today, I rode for 2 hours after work and am now all caught up to where Mike is on True Blood.  It was a quiet ride and I think I got in about 32 miles. 

Tomorrow morning, a nice early run before work - 16 miles.  ugg.  Nothing sucks more than the mid-week long run and then going to work a full-time desk job.  Stiff city.  Oh well...nighty night!

1 comment:

Christi said...

I love your description of the after party feelings!

Good luck with the false taper!