What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, August 29, 2010

21 weeks and counting...

I wanted to be better about posting more frequently but during Build, that is simply, Impossible.  As the G's once said during this crucial time of Ironman training, we are "in it" and life revolves around fitting in our workouts.  Just a few more weeks of this phase though and we're in the home stretch...Peak and then Taper. 

Last night we said goodbye to our dear friend, "the beej" and today we celebrated Mike's birthday.  I even baked a cake. I am turning into quite the domestic goddess I tell you.  That shit is exhausting.  It was a good weekend indeed. 

This past week was pretty successful and I managed to nail all my workouts amongst a million other things.  I swam 8300 meters, rode 141 miles and ran 39 miles.  You can assume that I am freaking EXHAUSTED.  I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow night and am pretty dang excited about it.  It's been 6 weeks since my last massage, I must confess.  *tsk, tsk*  Thankfully, I have 2 more scheduled for September and then have to find a new set of Magic Hands since my SBF is moving to Rhode Island (a topic I cannot address at this time for fear of losing it!) 

Bring on week 22.  68 days until Ironman...

1 comment:

Christi said...

Keep up the great training for IM Florida!