What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The perfect day.

Sunday. It was just wonderful...I haven't had such a great day in quite a long time.  I mean, a really long time.  Slept in a bit. Had a really nice breakfast with Mike on the patio and drank a lot of coffee while the girls played in the yard.  I took the time to just live a little and not worry about this silly Ironman training or what needed to be done around the house. Around 11am, Mike and I headed to the pool for our big, weekly swim.  Ok, here enters the silly IM training thing.  I swam 3,650 meters and felt really good.  I was exhausted but shit, that's really far so I should have, right?  Afterwards, we sat in the outdoor hot tub and enjoyed the view of the foothills. 

We had lunch outside again and then I tended to some chores around the house.  I took it as easy as I could but I still need to learn to take it *easier!*  Dinner was served outside (I wanted to eat all 3 meals outside and enjoy our euro-yard...it's just so cute!)  Afterwards, I insisted on a game of monopoly.  After about 2 hours we had to quit because it was a) dark outside and b) stormy.  Of course, I am winning so this game is to be continued. 

I can't really say what specifically made this day so wonderful and special but I would definitely like to see more of these days strung together...

3 comments:

Christi said...

My husband had one great day like that this summer. I can't explain what made it great but it was awesome! I think it was the company and the relaxed attitude that each of us had at the time!

bar.belle. said...

ah, sounds awesome. can't wait for my day like this. xo

Root said...

I like it thanks you very much :x

----------------------------------

VietNamNet | Phim cap 3 | Game | Nonstop DJ | software | Phim 18+ | Download game | Download phim | Nonstop DJ | IDM 5.19 build 3 new full crack | IDM crack full | IDM 6.0 full crack all version