What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, September 6, 2010

American Discovery Trail Marathon

aka #46. and this time?  I FINISHED!  Twin and I had a great day.  The course was beautiful.  The weather was perfect.  and I had an amazingly badass running partner.  Despite having ran a really tough, high-altitude marathon in Breckenridge the day before, Dee kicked ass in the Springs.  I can't wait to see her cross the finish line of the Boulder 100 in October.  (and that is 100 miles of running folks.  enough to make me puke just thinking about it!!)

There's not much to tell about the race itself, it was a walk in the park for me.  It was nice to run without my GPS (which I actually forgot, not at all intentional but subconsciously necessary!)  and just enjoy the scenery.  I managed to take some photos too...

Me and Twin before the race

A gorgeous Colorado morning
Mile 12

somewhere around mile 20

Me and the Pedestrian Runner
FINISHED!

2 comments:

Christi said...

You guys totally rock and I am so glad that I got to me you both!

Deanna said...

It was nice to meet you Christi! Twin...had a blast as always! Thanks again for loggin the miles at snails pace with me. That isn't easy. :) See you in 30 days!!!!!! xoxoxox