What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, September 24, 2010

Got pool?

Yo!
5am.  Again.  Ugg, ugg.  I was actually supposed to run 9 miles yesterday but. Um. Didn’t.  Ran my 4 miles at a tempo pace today.  It’s more important to hit the fast miles when I can so if splitting up the run is all I can do to do that, then so be it.  After work I forced myself to go straight to the gym without stopping at home first.  It took me about 5 minutes before I actually dipped my toe in the water.  And then I told myself SNAP OUT OF IT. Just get in the damn water and swim.  So I did.  It wasn’t so bad after about 50 meters.  2600 meters later it wasn’t terrible at all.  Man, did I work myself up over nothing.  Oh wait.  That’s the story of my life…

2 comments:

Christi said...

Where do you find these pics?! Great job on the swim. I have to go straight to the gym myself or I won't work out. We do what it takes!

Yoga Teacher Training said...

Amazing how you can get to push yourself. It shows your determination to achieve your goals. I really admire you.