What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, September 11, 2010

It's a New York state of mind.

Have you ever thought about running the New York City Marathon? If not, I highly encourage it. It is in my top 3 favorite marathons of all time. I was fortunate enough to get picked in the lottery the very first year I entered it and lucky is something I am not.  Sadly, I have friends who have been trying to get in for years...no such luck. The combination of the energy of the runners, spectators and city is like no other and I definitely want to return there some day.  

With race day quickly approaching ~November 7th ~ there is a way to materialize this dream.  The Fresh Air Fund is looking for runners and sponsors to join their Fresh Air Fund-Racers team.  This is a great way to participate in NYC's premier race while helping Fresh Air Fund children. CHECK IT OUT HERE! If you'd like to be a part of this amazing race in any way, please email kbrinkerhoff@freshair.org or call (212) 897-8890.  I firmly believe in giving back to the sport you love, whether it be through fundraising or volunteering. 

Since 1877, The Fresh Air Fund has been giving inner-city children the joy of a summer vacation with volunteer host families and at Fund camps, creating unforgettable memories and fresh possibilities.  You can make a difference in the life of a child today. 

No comments: