What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, September 10, 2010

Recovery Week. Well. Not really...

Although I ran a marathon just a mere 4 days ago, in the land of *Ironman* that doesn’t mean jack shit.  I once saw a tshirt that said “You ran a marathon? That’s cute. 140.6 miles.” So, um, yeah. I ran a marathon. Big. Freakin’. Deal. With that said, I managed to squeak out the following in the last 3 days (and surprisingly felt really good through it all): a 20 mile ride, a 1000 meter swim, an 8 mile run, a 2600 meter swim and a 32 mile ride. I feel as rested as one can be when training for Ironman. and working a full time job. and trying to have a life, in that order...of course. Sadly, my mind is still racing a mile a minute so sleep has been tough. Really tough but I trudge on. I wake up each morning, shortly after I fall asleep it feels like, and do the best I can. Isn’t that the only thing we should really ask of ourselves anyways, to do our best, no matter the circumstances?

1 comment: