What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, September 19, 2010

skipped the swim.

I just couldn’t bring myself to swim at the indoor pool at my gym. I know, I know.  It's pathetic.  I was only supposed to swim 2600 meters but I just couldn’t get myself to go. I DON'T WANT TO GO!  Making the transition from the outdoor lap pool to open water to indoor lap pool has been so hard for me.  Not sure why I’m such a baby.  Maybe it’s because the chlorine is so concentrated inside that it makes it so hard for me to breathe through my nose.  Or the fact that even though the thermometer says 76, it’s really more like 66 and without a wetsuit.  I dunno but I don’t want to do it and I’ll see how much longer I can put it off.  So, today I skipped my swim and rode 50 miles with Mike instead at a very decent pace of 17.5 mph.  That was way more fun!

No comments: