What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Brickmania

The big day came. The highly anticipated “big” brick of Peak. It seems to just get bigger year after year, and this one did not disappoint. An 80 mile ride, followed up by a 15 mile run. Cool weather and a late sunrise forced me to start on the trainer. When I finally did head outside, I was all bundled up and ready to roll. Headed out to Boulder to ride part of the quick paced route I had so much success with 2 weeks earlier. I met up with a guy who was training for IMAZ and we chatted a bit before he headed out for intervals. It was brisk but windy.  When I finally turned around to go home, I had to stop at the cute gas station in Hygiene and eat an Almond Joy…yum! It was warming up enough to be the perfect temperature for the run. Finished in 4.5 hours or so.

Legs were feeling really good beneath me. Not really surprised though as I have really been working hard on keeping my legs as fresh as possible on the bike, spinning them out and preparing them to run. And run they did. My pace was actually faster after this 80 mile ride than the 16 mile stand alone run I had done just 3 days prior. Simply amazing to me and it just goes to show you that my body really does need time to warm up. A lot of time! I was psyched with my run time, between 2:10 and 2:15 I think. I can’t remember just a few hours ago, that’s how tired I am!

No comments: