What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Happy birthday to me!

38 years ago today I was born.  If you asked my Mom and Dad then what they though I would be doing in 2010, I am sure the answer would be a world away from what my life is really like.  I imagine they would have thought I would still be living in Chicago, married, with a few kids.  Perhaps I would be a secretary, perhaps I would be a nurse, maybe an artist.  No matter, I know they are proud of me and love the life I have.  And you know what?  So do I! Despite the struggles I face, deep down, I wouldn't be living any other way. 

Unfortunately, I had a bit of food poisoning yesterday so I scrapped today's 120 mile ride and traded it in for a 1000 meter swim. I'll try again tomorrow.

I got the best birthday gift too from Mike - a kindle.  Woohoo! I am a total bookworm and am so excited to start using it. 

No comments: