What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, October 4, 2010

Race Week

Yay!  At the end of the week, I’ll get to add another marathon to my resume.  Looking forward to heading home [Chicago] to see what I can do.  It’s tough mentally knowing that what I want to achieve for time and what will probably happen aren’t quite going to equal each other since a)I have NO recovery or taper whatsoever going into this race and b)the forecast keeps bumping up the temperature.  Regardless, the day will play out according to God’s plan and I will be happy just to be running 26.2 miles.
This week will be easy and light.  A 2000 and 2500 meter swim, a 20 and 25 mile ride, a 3 and a 4 mile run.  Just enough “rest” to get me to the start line healthy.  Thanks Coach!

No comments: