What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Taper week 1

The week flew by, yet again. I swam.  I biked and I ran.  I had to drop off my bike for transport to PCB, so I had to ride my road bike a bit.  What a different position to be in. My hamstrings were awakened as were my triceps.  Riding my tri bike is like sleeping in a comfy bed, effortless.  Not the road bike. Despite being a smoother ride.  I can't believe Ironman is next week. Finally!

Mike is rehabbing well.  He is in better spirits, after deciding to race Ironman Texas in May.  Plan B is in place.  It will be fun for me to support and specatate him! He was cleared to walk as far as he wants every day as well as riding the recumbent bike at the gym.  He has been hitting the trail by our house, walking 4-5 miles a day before going to the gym to "ride" for 30-45 minutes. He is happy to be working out again.  I am too. 

No comments: