What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, November 5, 2010

Ironman Eve...

The time has finally come.  I've done the work, put in the time.  Now it's time to play.  Yes, I consider a 140.6 mile race playtime.  My playground may be different than yours but it's all relative, right?  I won't lie, I am ready to rock the hell out of this race, dedicating it 100% to my amazing husband who has endured so much in these past 12 months.  He was 3 weeks shy from starting beside me tomorrow until  a negligent city worker failed to fix a pothole in the bike lane.  He overcame 2 knee surgeries last winter  But he will come back stronger than ever in May.  He's the comeback kid.  I love him to death and it's his positive attitude and incredible support that will get me through the tough times tomorrow.  I race for Team Freisem... and I hope to race fast! 

You can track me live at http://www.ironman.com/ Bib #2398 or download a cool iPhone app called PELE  - it's wicked!  Thanks for all your support!

2 comments:

Christi said...

You are going to rock this and I can't wait to track your hubby at his race! Go Team Freisem!

chaco said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing the link.