What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, January 17, 2011

Me? Stylish? Well, alrighty then!


Well, if 5-4-3-2-1 thinks I'm stylish, aw, shucks, I will just have to learn how to take a compliment!!  My beautiful and amazing friend and fellow blogger, Cara, is a rock star!  Please check out her musings and mishaps as she trains for her first marathon.

Now, apparently there are no set rules in receiving the Sylish Blogger Award but I have read that I need to share seven things about myself or share seven photos of my past (um, no way).  And so without further adieu, please read on and laugh, I mean learn...

1. I tend to add "ers" to the end of all of my pet's names.  I call Willow - Willers, Luna - Looners and I called Josey - Josers.  I don't call Mike - Mikers so I know rule this only applies to animals.   

2. I detest listening to other people brush their teeth.  I hate to hear that contstant brushing and swooshing in their mouths.  It drives. me. NUTS.

3. I still eat macaroni and cheese with hot dogs for dinner when Mike is out of town.  My friend Cara eats popcorn so hey, we all have our vices. 

4. I absolutely refuse to pay a race entry fee for anything less than a marathon.  I cannot justify forking over $80 for a half-marathon when I can get up at 4am on a weekday and do it before work.  seriously.

5. I probably only get 5 hours of sleep a night.  Not enough for the average person let alone someone who trains as much as I do but somehow it works.  I don't know how, but it does.

6. I am obsessed with vacuuming.  I love it.  I hate dirty floors.  I vacuumed twice today.  I am not kidding.

7. My husband is my best friend.  Poor guy.  I do everything in front of him that I would do if no one were watching.  I think he has even told me that I am the grossest person he knows.  But I don't care because I know that I can truly be me and he will love me anyways.  I am so lucky!

Now to pass on the Stylish Blogger award to some of MY favorites!!  Check them out....they rock.

Momma Fid ... Karen was a childhood friend that always made me laugh...she still does as an adorable mother who lives a most animated and humorous life.

 For the Love of Pizza ... ok, ok, this is my husband's blog but he is eloquent AND hilarious!

Views from the Mountain ... KK is a wonderful friend and a badass triathelete (and I mean BADASS!)  Her humor and honesty is raw and entertaining. 

4 comments:

KK said...

First of all, I laughed out loud at this entire post. God, you're funny. And Mike better like having to see all your grossities, that's what marriage is baby!

Second of all, macaroni cheese with hot dogs? really? I NEVER would have guessed that about you.

Third of all, you are pretty badass yourself.


Fourth of all, hilarious about not paying half marathon entry fees. I never really thought of it like that, but it makes sense. I am interested to hear what you think about 5ks :)

Last of all, when can we hang out???!!! Miss you oodles, xoxoxo

michelle.belle. said...

OMG, funny. You are stylish sis.
I was recently told I was gross too... apparently my personal burping contest at work was enough to make some nutty. pfft. I think mac n cheese with dogs rocks too!!

congrats on your award! you are styley! xo MJD

Christi said...

KK is right you are a badass!

I love mac and cheese with tuna! I don't eat it often but when I do I could almost eat the whole box by myself.

Yoga Teacher Training said...

Stylish is a good way to describe you and it is quite a compliment! This 7 things that you listed are quite funny, especially how you get affected when you hear the sound of someone else brushing their teeth. Thanks for the laughs!