What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday.

Ever since my run on Wednesday night, I have had this eerie calm fall over me.  It's incredibly hard for me to put into words how a strong sense of peace and solitude has filled my heart. I love it.  It feels amazing.  It gives me confidence in myself and in my decisions. 

Tonight, I took this quite calm confidence with me into the water.  I love my Friday night pool ritual.  It's usually pretty empty, and with incredibly mellow music in my ears, I took on 2300 meters.  Effortlessy.  Quietly.  I drew myself inward and worked on the high elbows and the 90 degree catch.  Before I knew it I was done and in the hot tub.  My other most favorite place to be on Friday nights.  I soaked it up, literally, did some stretches and just zoned out.  I came home to a beautifully made meal by my husband and my sweet furry babies loving on me.  What a great day.  and did I mention it's supposed to be in the 60s this weekend?  That thought calms me even more...

2 comments:

Christi said...

Can you share the secret to your calm and peaceful thinking? I would kill to have moments like that because they have not come to me in some time.

Have a great weekend! I can't wait to enjoy it!

Yoga Teacher Training said...

A good soak in a hot tub does wonders for your body. It is a relaxing experience. It soothes aching muscles and you can feel the stress going away. I take a hot tub soak at least twice a week. Glad you enjoy your Friday...