What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Finishing up week 16.

What?  Have I "officially" been training for Boston for 16 weeks?  A record training schedule for me for the past 3 years as I believe in the Less is More mentality and think, that for ME, 8 weeks is plenty.  At any rate, I had a pretty decent week of training.  My big swim Thursday was 3400 meters.  My long run Saturday, 20 miles was executed perfectly.  I negative split three 10K loops, with my 20th mile being the fastest.  I am at the point where I just want Boston. to. get. HERE.  I don't want to wish away my life but I am chomping at the bit to run A.) my most favorite marathon course on the planet B.) see my friends, the G's in their new hometown in Rhode Island and C.) to accomplish an incredible goal - my 50th marathon.  I still think I am living in a dream.  A good dream.  A dream that I hope I to have over, and over, and over again.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Good luck! Have a great time!