What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Vineman Training – Week 1

Week 1... 7000 meters in the pool, 112 miles on the bike and 34 miles on the run.  

This weeks highlight was definitely my brick yesterday. My first ever *broken brick*  32 mile bike/7 mile run/30 mile bike/7 mile run. Apparently, breaking up the run is to give more quality to my run.  I managed to run my first 7 in 1:01 and felt great.  The heat started to get to me as did some glute issues on that second run but I managed to squeak out a 1:04.  I have to admit, I am pretty impressed with myself.  Biking then running, then biking and running again is difficult.  Duathletes are a special breed!

No comments: