What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Vineman Training - Week 2

6400 meters in the pool, 156 miles on the bike and 26 miles on the run.  

Legs are feeling good.  Today I rode the Elephant Rock century, down in Castle Rock.  It was a gorgeous ride, incredibly challenging and super windy.  I was on my tri bike which made the 6,000 feet of climbing  incredibly challenging.  There were only a handful of tri bikes out there.  I managed to ride 100 miles in 6:09 and definitely felt that dull ache in the legs afterwards.  It's a great feeling of accomplishment.  My run is starting to suffer a bit as I battle with the glute/hamstring issues on that left side.  Really frustrating!  I think I am going to have to break down and finally see Mark Plaatjes, an incredible physical therapist that just tortures his clients.  Truly.  In a good way though!  But whatever he does works, as proven by Mikes recovery.  But Im scared just the same!!

No comments: