What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Monday, July 4, 2011

Freedom redefined.

Happy 4th of July! As a nation, we celebrate our Country's freedom.  Alone, I celebrate my own.  Imagine fireworks, big ~ bold ~ bright. This is what I see every day when I wake up without an agenda.  No training schedule.  No diet regimen.  No physical commitments.  Every day is about choices.  I have thousands of them and the freedom to make them.  I love it.  I am having the best summer I've had in a long time.  I can't say that I don't feel a pang of disappointment as I listen to my friends talk about their training or weekend race schedule, because there is a tiny part of me that misses that.  BUT there is a bigger part of me that is so relieved.  I find myself shying away from the people that are so heavily involved with triathlon and endurance sports, and am gravitating towards others with the same goals and aspirations as myself.  Dialing it back, getting pregnant, enjoying summer without an assigned bib number every weekend.  This doesn't mean that I might not jump into a race here or there, but then again, I might not.  Ahhh, the freedom... 

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, sista, we need to hang out more. :) I do miss racing some weekends but most not. Let's do a girl's night when KK gets back in a couple weeks! Proud of you.

RunnerChick said...

yea! so excited for you guys! Change is always good and refreshing. Can't wait to follow your dreams!

Yoga Teacher Training said...

I love this statement, "Every day is about choices." As a fellow traveler, I admire your introspection. I learn a lot from your sharing your journey.