What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August ~ pre-surgery

With no agenda, this month so far has been a lot of fun.  I am back into yoga and practicing Corepower 4-5 times a week. LOVE.  Running still hurts a bit - left glute/hamstring issue hasn't seemed to calm down, despite another trip to Mark Plaatjes' chamber of pain so I go when I feel ok.  I went out for an 80  mile joyride on Sunday.  It was simply fantastic!  I always forget how much I love my road bike and all the cool places I get to see when I'm on it.  



Tomorrow is my big surgery.  The day I have been putting off for a year, literally.  I will undergo a 7 hour procedure - 6 hours to completely reconstruct my septum from a prior septoplasty gone bad and an hour dedicated to the outside.  Yup, I have decided to go forward with rhinoplasty aka nose job.  My nose is pretty crooked with a few bumps and basically is my dad's twin.  I love my Dad but I don't want his nose anymore.  I want my own.  It will be a subtle change to others but  a huge one to me.  I have wanted my nose "fixed" since I was in my late teens. I  am looking forward to the end results but I know my recovery is going to be a living hell.  

1 comment:

Miss Mandy said...

Good luck, I'm sure it will be painful, but just keep focusing on the end goal.