What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1st. Already?

Whoah.  Where did summer go?  It seemed so foreign to be dating everything 9/1/11 today.  But alas.  It's September. and summer is practically over.  With the coming of Labor Day weekend, the outdoor pools close up shop for the winter.  The whites get put to the back of the closet.  The sun tucks away behind the mountains earlier and earlier each day, as it sleeps in later and later.  The jackets make their way out from the storage bins.  The air begins to cool down as does my electricity bills.  thank goodness.

August was a blur as I recovered from surgery.  It was hot.  SO hot.  I am actually looking forward to the fall weather.  I usually don't say that but I feel differently this year.  Bring on the fleece and leaves falling.  I guess after surgery, I have a new perspective on life.  Plus I think as a result of the surgery being so successful, I may not have constant runny noses anymore?!  That was part of the reason I hated the winter so much.  Who wants to carry around kleenex 24/7? I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

No comments: