What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, October 23, 2011

39.

At 11:50am CST, I turned 39...but I entered my 40th year of life.  Wow.  I look in the mirror and I don't see 40 years of living.  I don't feel 40 years of living. and I certainly don't act like I have lived for 40 years.  But. alas... it's all true.  As I look back on the past year, I reflect on my accomplishments and "failures" and try to figure out how this next year can be different.  Can be better.  We only get one shot.  RIGHT?? I need to make every moment count.  How do I accomplish this as I enter the next 365 days?  With the the assistance of my amazing family, beautiful friends and one. hell. of. an INCREDIBLE therapist.  That's how.  Happy 39th birthday to me.  

3 comments:

Meaghan said...

Happy Birthday - make sure you go out of your 30's in style!!

Christi said...

Happy Birthday!

I'M Tri-ing said...

You're right! you only get one shot, but if you do it right, that's all you need. Happy B-Day!