What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, October 21, 2011

reassess, regroup, rethink.

In the fall, I have a tendency to withdraw.  From social media.  From social gatherings.  etc. It's something I have always struggled with.  As summer fades away, so do I.  I openly admit I dislike winter weather immensely.  I am a summer girl through and through!  This year has provided me with so many changes...some wanted and others not at all. I have had to invest in a good helmet and boots for the shit storm called my life as of late.  As I approach my 39th birthday, I am obliged to sit back and take in this past year...what were my highs?  my lows? How do I want this next year to be different, need it to be different? What do I need a break from?  Who do I need a break from?

At any rate, I feel ready to re-emerge and possibly begin writing again about the things that give me joy.  I assure you for now, running is not one of them as I deal with injury - high hamstring tendinopothy.  A painful and limiting condition.  So, despite having run 2 marathons since the beginning of September - #53 - Boulder Marathon and #54 - Denver Marathon, I need to give running a rest for awhile and reconnect with my bike, maybe the pool, but most importantly myself.  Running and I have been best friends since 1998, but I think we need to take a step back from one another and reassess our relationship. I wonder what the future holds?  I seem to be asking myself that question a lot lately... 

2 comments:

Christi said...

The future is full of infinite possibilities and you will find the ones that are right for you!

I hate winter weather also so I don't like fall and the changing of the temps. Bring on summer, baby!

I'M Tri-ing said...

Booo winter!