What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Friday, November 18, 2011

Colorblind.

I find that as I get older, there are three types of people in this world.  Those who see in black and white. Those who see in gray.  And those who see in COLOR. Can you guess which one is me? I'm sure you can.  I see in PINK!  I found an interesting article explaining the symbolism of colors and here is what it said about pink:

Pink is associated with gentleness, softness and calm. Those who choose pink as their favorite color are often calm and sensitive and care about other feelings. Pink lovers are also generally sympathetic and compassionate and dislike controversy of any kind. 

Well. I agree 100% with that interpretation except the calm piece. But then I assume that this is explaining the lightest shade of pink? I am definitely at the opposite end of that color spectrum... I love hot pink, in which case, calm doesn't apply. Not even when I'm sleeping. Just the opposite. Yes, that's it. I got it. Replace the word calm with intense. That works for me. Yes. That IS me. However, I am very gentle with children and animals.  I have a wicked sensitive soft side and I am incredibly compassionate. I despise controversy and conflict. I avoid it immensely. 

So. What color do you see your world in?  Or are you simply, colorblind? 

No comments: