What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Doors and windows and all that.

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us. Alexander Graham Bell 

We often hear that expression during dire times.  Human beings, it seems, are pessimists by nature.  We always dwell on missed opportunities and often refer back to our past with words such as "If only I would have..." or "I just wish that..." Why in the world do we torture ourselves like this?  It's so frustrating and I too am guilty.  My life has taken some unexpected turns in the past few months.  For the better I would like to think (now, that is) BUT change is a good thing ... even when, at the time, it was unwanted and dismal and gloomy...and once I was able get past all of the bullshit and really put things into perspective, I realized I will be OK.

We only have one life to live, right? Make the most of it! As long as we are learning from our mistakes, we are growing and evolving, and I believe that is what the gift of life is all about.  So, when a door shuts on me, I say screw waiting around for another one to open...I'm just going to climb right out through the window.  

See? There are so many amazing things waiting for me on the other side ... they are waiting for you too. 


2 comments:

Christi said...

Great attitude! I wish I could follow your words much better. I think my life would be a lot easier!

KK said...

Great perspective. Hope you are well and looking forward to our girls' night!