What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, November 27, 2011

I actually HAVE been working out and training.

Despite my getting philosophical, deep and emotional in my recent posts (for reasons I will reveal at a later date) I have still been keeping active. Very active...I have been hitting the gym hard, 5 days a week, focusing on strength. I even work out on the stairmaster - the old school steps - that I have come to accept are the bane of my existence.  I would rather be hung by my toenails.  I hate those damn stairs.  I also finally sucked it up and started working on legs AND chest. The two hardest things to get back into because of the inevitable soreness that almost always follows those first few times working those body parts.  But I have easily fallen back into lunges and squats and am slowly starting to see results. I am trying to build up my twizzler-like limbs.  In the meantime, I am continuing to build my upper body with hopes that it will improve my swimming, when I bother to get around to doing that.  For now, the water is simply too chilly for this string bean. I am only running 1 or 2 days a week and have taken up to distance walking again, having walked 10 miles yesterday. Loved it! PT is going great by the way, progress is being made, so I don't want to do too much too soon - patience is difficult but I want to be 100% before I dive back into marathon training. And I haven't been on my bike in awhile and since today was so beautiful I took to the road for 40 miles.  Wasn't even tired.  This is a good sign.  I am just trying to stay busy, keep my mind off things for awhile and enjoy my last year in my 30s.  I am proving that things really do get better with age, like a fine wine, which we ALL know how much I love... 
My serenity

No comments: