What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lions and Tigers and PT, oh my!

I am still going to physical therapy for my hamstring/glute issue. UGH. It's so disheartening to go for a run, look down at my Garmin and realize how much slower I am than I was a year ago.  F**k.  So annoying.  But it could be worse.  Way worse.  So with that said, I have deep tissue massage, ultra sound and dry needling scheduled out through Christmas.  As long as my insurance is going to cover 100% of each $350 to $400 visit [READ: Suckers!], I am all over it.  I love the ultra sound but the deep tissue is insane. I am dreading the dry needling.  OUCH.  Unfortunately or fortunately for my healing, my tolerance for pain is ridiculous.  and evil.  My last PT appointment, my therapist had her knee - yes KNEE - in my hamstring trying to break apart the scar tissue.  She called me a tough cookie.  I called myself an ass for ever letting myself get to this point.  A dear friend of mine, the Yogi Triathlete, has been lecturing me for years to take care of my body...if only I had listened.  *sigh*  But I am taking care of myself now, so I guess that's what matters most.  I just want to get rid of the pain.  and in the famous words of Glinda the Good Witch of the North: You have no power here! Begone, before somebody drops a house on you, too! 

2 comments:

Meaghan said...

Oh God, you sound like me!!! I went to PT FOREVER for a hamstring/glute issue, and they did deep tissue and graston. Brought me near tears, but it works!! Hang in there :)

Christi said...

You are on the right track so I believe it will happen!