What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Narrowing it down.

After some serious Googling and researching marathons on www.race360.com (an AMAZING website for running races), I have my late winter/early spring races narrowed down to the following... Phoenix RNR in January,  (even though I have done it twice already), Austin Marathon (which I kicked ASS in last year) in February OR the Surf City Beach Marathon in Huntington Beach (which I've never done before) also in February.  I am currently leaning towards Surf City because I'll get to spend some serious quality time with my family in SoCal...all sorts of Aunts and Uncles and Cousins.  However, I could go to either of the other two races with friends.  If I wasn't injured, I would jump at the chance to hang out with great girlfriends in Arizona but I don't want to run a "slow" race.  I have high expectations for #55 and I would be super bummed with a 4 hour plus race.  I ran Austin last year in 3:48 and I really don't think I could top that.  So... that leaves me with Surf City for yet another good reason.  And...the medals are super cool.  I think my mind is made up.  SoCal here I come! 

2 comments:

Running Librarian said...

It is always fun to run a new race too! Good Luck!

Christi said...

That sounds like a great race! Good luck!