What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Time to kiss and make up.

Reflection is a wonderful thing, but there is only so much of the past that needs to be a part of the present. Enough with the heavy shit...I'm moving on.  As we near the end of 2011, I look forward to all the gifts and life lessons that 2012 will bring me.

Physical therapy is going well and I am making huge strides in my healing. I am so grateful that I can "run" again.  I am much slower than I was a year ago, but I am ok with it.  Having gone almost 14 years without serious injury, I realize that I am truly blessed to be able to continue to do the thing I love most.  Running is cathartic.  It can be slow and soul soothing, or it can be fast and fierce, releasing anger and pain.  For now it soothes me, but I hope to be able to use it soon as an incredible outlet to release the negativity that sometimes, consumes us all.   It's also getting its two training partners back next year, the swim and the bike. We broke up this past summer,  but it would appear we're on the mend.

I have started to dial in next year's racing calendar, which will include a few marathons (and I use the term "few" loosely as I am only Six 26.2's away from the big 6-0), maybe an Oly and the mother of all triathlons, a 140.6.  There's a new kid in town and it's called the HITS Triathlon Series, which will take place in Ft. Collins.  Finally, the big guy is coming to Colorado.  I am still debating how long I want to train for it - do I go the easy route of 26 weeks or do I challenge myself with just 10?  I am always up for a good challenge, so you can imagine where this is headed.  

For now, I continue to work on strength training, weightlifting specifically - focusing on both my upper AND lower body, something I've neglected for awhile now. I've also come to experience a love/hate relationship with the stair climber aka son-of-a-bitch. But it's doing its job by strengthening my glutes, with the hopes that it will speed up my recovery process.  I will cruise through these last few days of December with a light-hearted workout regimen before getting serious in the new year.  Somehow, I will have to force my skinny ass  into the cold pool, and suck up trainer rides until the weather warms up...BUT the excitement and drive is back and I am ready to let triathlon back into my life. The break is o.v.e.r.  

2 comments:

Christi said...

Good luck with your training and the coming year. I hope you have a great one!

RunnerChick said...

K,

Welcome back. I missed you.

Love,
Triathlon