What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, February 16, 2012

finding my way...

I moved out of my house a few weeks ago.  I am staying with a girlfriend, living out of bags and boxes in her basement.  She is so gracious, extending her gorgeous, warm and loving home to me. Despite feeling lost, I feel safe here.  I feel loved. I absolutely have missed the late-night-drinking-red-wine-girlfriend-chats that were all too common with my old roommates back in Chicago. I know it's temporary but I am making the most of the complete LACK of responsibility that I have.  With that being said, however, I am anxious to have my OWN home.  In a few weeks, I am set to close on a gorgeous little house built in 1949 in Wheat Ridge.  I'm probably the youngest person on the block by about 30 years but hey, at least I know it will be quiet.  

In the meantime, I have been continuing to hit the weight room hard - working on both upper and lower body - in hopes for a much stronger triathlon season.  Despite not running nearly as much as I want, I definitely feel solid when I do.  I have also begun regular massage again, every 2 weeks, with Todd Ackerman - a genius in his own right.  After 2 sessions with him, I am nearly pain-free.  It's 75 minutes of pure glute/hamstring torture but it is worth every ounce of pain if I can run freely and happily again!!  THANK YOU TODD!

Yesterday was a rough day.  Without going into detail, all I thought about the entire day was going out for a nice, long run when I got home.  11 miles later, I felt light, happy and refreshed...the day's stress and pain, gone.  I finally feel like I am finding my way...home...



No comments: