What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

relationships give us a reason to live.

...props to PravsWorld for being so blatantly explicit. When you break it down, what other reason is there really to live?  strip away all the love and happiness, joy and sadness, anger and frustration, that your relationships give to you, and you're left with, well, nothing.  Imagine a world where it's. just. you.  and only you.  I imagine some of you chuckle as you think that would be amazing!  However, that euphoric feeling of superiority would only last so long before you began to realize you also had to do everything for yourself. and I mean everything.  It doesn't sound so appealing anymore, does it? 

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE myself. I love my "alone" time... But at the end of the day, I need more to live for than just a few hours on the bike or 10 miles on a run. I need those relationships too, because I alone would make myself go crazy if all I had was, well, me.  I crave human interaction.  I need to be able to talk to my sisters, laugh with my brother, cry with my parents, gossip and share secrets with my friends, and in my new world, I live for the day to fall in love again and share the rest of my life with someone who I can do ALL of those things with... so I wholeheartedly agree...relationships give us a reason to live.

 

2 comments:

Christi said...

Great post my dear! I spend quite a bit a time alone and sometimes I just get sick of me. Luckily, I do have some relationships in my life!

Have a great week!

TarynMurtagh said...

I'm looking forward to further deets....