What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, April 12, 2012

distracted or disinterested?

The HITS full triathlon is only 15 weeks away and my training is well under way. Well, sort of. I am swimming twice a week/running and riding three times a week.  However, the verdict is still out if my heart is really into this race.  I was pretty excited about it when I first signed up but lately, honestly, I haven't been that jazzed. This totally contradicts my recent musings on how this training is the glue holding my shit together... I know I have been through a lot of changes recently and that definitely has much to do with...but truth be told, I rather liked not having any real commitments other than just being happy and having fun.  The weather has definitely been co-operative and pleasant...but I just. well.  don't care about this race. yet?  I hope?  I am definitely going through the motions of training and putting in the time and efforts physically - I need that routine. At some point I know I will be super excited again. (fingers crossed or it's going to be just one long ass workout on July 29th.) Maybe once the OC Marathon comes around, I'll be in that "summer is here - time to race" mindset.  But for now, I guess I'll just fake it til I make it... a rather popular expression that I have used in many of my life's recent situations.  It seems to be working so far! 

3 comments:

SimplySavy said...

Sounds like balance to me! And I think I like this new approach to training. Whether you knew or not you were taking. Keep moving towards mindful thinking. Again, BIG liking your new balance shift in life.

Christi said...

I am feeling the same way about Triple Bypass!

Chogavl Simon said...

moreover immediately after the actordriving theunfortunate unhappy piano and Small Dog Carrier