What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Connecting the dots.

Flashback 20 years... (ok, more like 30) ... you're bored out of your skull on a rainy afternoon. You tell your mom.  She says, "read a book"...uh, that is so BO-RING.  Then you hear, "If you're bored, YOU are boring." Oh, right - back to that again. You mosey down to the basement and grab a bunch of books... some Judy Blume, a Madlibs and a Connect the Dots activity book.  Hm.  Feeling not only bored but lazy, you rule out reading and writing.  What's left?  counting - that seems easy enough as  you grab a giant colored pencil and begin... The cool thing about this, is that the picture is somewhat laid out for you - you have an idea, a vision of what it's supposed to look like but you just need to fill in the details...


Flash forward 20 years, oh right, make that 30.  and here I am. Again. Bored. Trying to connect the dots... of my life.  I have an idea of what it's supposed to look like, rather, what I *want* it to look like, but it's missing a few details. Pretty much all of them actually...

I believe there are 3 major areas of our lives, that at any given time, can or are in a state of flux, with missing or shifting details.  Home life, work life, love life. Well, let's see here... um.  right. Yes, I got it, I got it...I DO have a home life, having bought this cute little place in the spring. It's my outline.  Now... how do I go about filling in the details?  For so long I was, for lack of a better word, BORED at work.  So I quit.  I wouldn't go so far as to say that my love life was boring, but it was definitely in a state of flux that left me wanting more, so I got divorced. I wiped the slate clean in all 3 major areas of my life within 1 year.  Holy shit. I actually just went out and bought a brand new gigantic colored pencil (pink of course), sharpened the tip and am ready to begin connecting the dots ...  

1 comment:

Christi said...

Good luck my dear! I am sure you will have a great picture after you connect all the dots!