What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, May 1, 2014

home stretch.

Ironman Texas.  15 days.  what?  WHAT?!  Seriously??  FINALLY.  My Christmas morning, it's almost here!!! Although I know Santa isn't going to bring me what I wanted in Texas this year (a PR!), I am definitely going to get so much more than I could have ever hoped for... 

I'm going to get: to actually race despite a torn hamstring!...a much needed break from work...quality time with some of the most wonderful people, ever...horrible tan lines...a chance to meet and make new fantastic friends over the course of 17 hours...a face that hurts so bad from all of the smiling...ridiculous amounts of love and support from everyone in my life...the biggest/juiciest/rarest burger I can find with sweet potato fries of course...to be able to say *y'all* as much as I want...and the most amazing opportunity to prove to myself, that I don't have to BE the best to DO my best.  My mantra?  Swim, bike, run...walk...or crawl, I will do this. I dream about the day when I will run again. I know it's out there, like so many of my dreams...they exist.  they will happen.  they will ALL come true.  

In the meantime, I am staying calm, cool and collected (that is such bullshit!) as I let things unfold, as they are meant to...when they are meant to.  I told a friend earlier today that "this girl is getting served patience, straight up, no ice, every day." It's tough to choke down! It doesn't come easy for me, to be patient...I suck at it.  SUCK.  Seriously though, I AM like a kid at Christmas when it comes to anything I get excited about, and I've witnessed firsthand what kids get as gifts these days and it's pretty fucking awesome.  15 days?  Yeah.  I can hold out.  as long as I have something else to distract me (and I had better figure that out ASAP) regardless, "Christmas" day is going to be AWESOME.  I hear everything is bigger in Texas...which means that this finish will be the biggest accomplishment of my life, torn hamstring and all. AND there is no way in hell that I could do this without the relentless and generous support of y'all...Yeehaw!!! 

3 comments:

tri like mary said...

I'll be watching your progress throughout the day. Enjoy every minute of it!

RunnerChick said...

OMG you are going to have so much fun out there! Everything really IS bigger in Texas! And your theme reminded me of my favorite eminem song. (Success is your only mother-f*cking option, failure's not!!) I will see you soon, my love!

thomas h said...

I love the photo at the end