What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Sunday, November 2, 2014

2014 ~ The Year of the Betty

Despite some devastating hardships this year, both financially and emotionally, I feel like I can finally see the light that shines oh-so-brightly from the end of the tunnel.  I sincerely do my best to keep my chin up and stay positive, as my pops has always told me to do when times are tough. But there are just those days that I can't even get out of bed, let alone *lift* my head. I imagine you would never believe that at one point this year, I had $15 to my name. literally.  Or that on more than one occasion, I cried myself to sleep, wishing to never wake up. I try to keep this out of the public eye, but it is my reality and I cannot pretend to be someone I'm not. All that glitters isn't always gold. Just because I am always caught smiling on camera, doesn't mean that my life is a fairy tale...

It has been three years since my life was seemingly torn to pieces. Divorce and the loss of a baby consumed me for a long time, as I felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest.  Experts say that it takes approximately two years to recover from a divorce. Well, throw in the loss of a life, and you most certainly can add one more year for good measure.  Three years. It has been three long ass years, but I feel like I can finally say that everything feels like it's finally falling into place. slowly. As Marilyn Monroe once said, "Good things fall apart, so better things can fall together." 

2014 helped things fall together for sure.  It has been such an exciting year, for so many reasons. Despite being hurt for most of it, my racing season was truly phenomenal. Nothing short of a miracle if you ask me. In just five months, May - October, I did more physically despite having torn my hamstring in March, than I ever have in a year! I raced three iron distance triathlons, as well as an olympic, and ran two marathons.  I'm stubborn and headstrong.  Rest?  Yeah, that will happen when I die.  But in all fairness to my body, to which I owe countless hours of gratitude, I will "rest" this winter.  and by rest, I mean I will spend a lot of time in the gym strength training and stretching.  I owe it to myself if I want to have a successful 2015 racing season.  and by successful, I mean NOT INJURED.  

Despite the very low lows I felt this year, both physically and emotionally, the one thing that I could always count on to get me out of my emotional funks, were my phenomenal teammates from Betty Designs.  Kristin Mayer is a beautiful soul, with an incredible vision. And when she put together the 2014 racing team of Betty's, she carefully selected women who would empower one another, and lift each other up.  She was dead on...I love these women like sisters.  
I. am. a Betty!
simply put, when I wear my skulls and butterflies, I am... 


empowered.  happy.  full of life.  confident.  thrilled.  at peace.  nurtured.  excited.  motivated. inspired.  ready.  humbled.  uplifted.  grateful.  fired up.  honored.  carefree.  loved.  
fortunate. untroubled.  invigorated.  passionate.  connected.  beautiful.  thankful.  playful.  encouraged. triumphant.  gracious.  energized.  supported.  a badass. 
I am all of the things I have spent my entire life striving to be. 


   

To my dear Betty Sisters...you keep me motivated and inspired to be the best ME I can be.  For that, there is no amount of gratitude that can capture my feelings for you.  2014 was phenomenal and I am beyond excited to see what 2015 holds for us.  I love you girls for showing me just how much #badassisbeautiful !!! 

No comments: