What the hell is Ditch the Tiara?

Redefining the word beautiful...one dirty, sweaty, bruised up mile at a time, with a few downward dogs along the way...

Thursday, July 21, 2016

God's honest truth.

Holy.
CRAP!

This is going to have to be a "speed dating" version of the Tiara Ditcher's life recap, year-to-date. I don't know where to start, so I am going to write like I live my life...on. a. whim. NO regrets.  I apologize in advance for what I am about to say.  Why?  Simply because I feel like I have to.  This is going to be random.  Free flowing.  and completely candid.  I am done hiding. hinting. and hurting. So here you go. The real, REAL me. I hope you are ready for MY God's honest truth. 

Life came to a complete and screeching halt on Monday, March 28th. I still cannot wrap my head around what happened. I was blindsided. The man that I had thought I was going to spend the rest of my life loving, living with and worshiping the Lord with decided to end it.  I am still shocked, saddened and overwhelmingly stunned that I invested more than 2+ years of my life and heart into something and someone that turned out to be nothing more than "an experience."  Do I still cry at night?  Yeah, I still fucking cry.  Almost every single day. This one stings like no other, and it is going to take someone incredibly freaking special to rip me from the claws of this heartbreak.  The things that save me?  That hold my *shit together*?  
1. God and my church. 
2. My friends and family. 
3. ...and my freaking bike. 

So that was March. 
F*ck.
March.

April?  No clue as to specifics.  I was in mourning. I drank way too much. Got the freaking flu for 9 days. and cried way too much more.  BUT! I found out who my real friends were!

May?  I was baptized and that was honestly, the single greatest day of my whole entire life. Red Rocks Church is by far, the most wonderful thing to ever happen to me.  I cry just typing this.  I am not, nor have I ever been a "churchy" kind of girl.  but damnit, I am a child of God. and for that reason ALONE, I am able to wake up every day joyful and hopeful!!!!

June? I raced with my sweet Angel friend, Pj, at the Loveland Lake to Lake triathlon!  If you don't know what Athletes in Tandem is, please CLICK HERE to find out about how amazing this foundation is! 

July?  This girl is going after the QOM title.
My training.... 
July 3 - Mt Evans 
July 9 - Pikes Peak 
July 13 - Deer Creek to High Grade PR
July 16 - Mt Evans
July 17 -  St Vrain Canyon 
Do you know how much climbing on my bike I have done this month?  A SHIT METRIC TON!!!!!!!!!! And I am going to put all this hard training and dedication to the test on Saturday at the Bob Cook Memorial Mt Evans Hill Climb.  My goal is to place Top 5 in my age group. Oh yeah, I  forgot to mention that I *finally* upgraded to a road bike.  and a sick one at that. A BH.
And.
I am fitted.  
I am fueled.  
and I am fired up for the greatest bike race of my life!

I have rolled with the punches. I have been saved. and I have finally beaten a 26 year battle with bulimia. Yeah, you read that right. I AM IN RECOVERY!!!  Life isn't perfect.  Life isn't what I had planned it to be.  But by God's honest truth?  
LIFE. IS. CRAZY FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Care package when I had the flu

My iron Betty sisters

the badass Betty Susan! 

my baptism

my baptism family

Me and Pj - Loveland L2L

Joy!

My Kittens and intervals at DC 

My rock 


Self-explanatory 

Mt Evans Ride #1 

Pikes Peak 
Her final climb - Mt Evans a second time


Deer Creek PR! 

My gorgeous new ride - a BH! 



5 comments:

Kelly B said...

Sis Kristina, I am in tears reading your journey in LOVE AND HAPPINESS. You - wow. should anyone under estimate you they have got to be kidding. the doghouse is in the backyard, so they can walk right in there. Yet - who is to judge - as we are all one and amazing in God's eyes, right? That's what really matters, so live life and live it large baby. You already do and embrace such sexiness doing so.
xo xo K~

Boo-D. said...

You go girl. Your Maine friend is cheering you on. You are surrounded by light and love, all ways.

Joy Raskie said...

I know this was hard to write as you pry cried all the way through but I'm glad you did. You let it all out there so guess what... You can move on now! You've let the world know your pain, we your friends are here to help you in the journey. Love you

Joy Raskie said...

I know this was hard to write as you pry cried all the way through but I'm glad you did. You let it all out there so guess what... You can move on now! You've let the world know your pain, we your friends are here to help you in the journey. Love you

Unknown said...

Hey I just came across this and read it! You are an amazing writer. I enjoyed your enthusiasm! Stick with it girl!!